Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Amazing Spring Blossoms


The blossoms this spring in Idaho were absolutely amazing.  After living in Colorado for five years where the blossoms usually froze before they could actually bloom, it was like a miracle every day as I would look around me.  Not only were there beautiful blossoms all over town, but my parent's yard was filled with so many different kinds.  The plum blossoms were one of my favorites - they seemed extra delicate.


I also loved the peach blossoms - they were big, beautiful pink flowers.



The Flowering Pear tree has always been one of my favorites.  It has beautiful blossoms, and the trees themselves are such a pretty shape, they are amazing to look at - as a whole, or the individual blossoms.


The crab apple blossoms were amazing - there were so many of them, and they were so vibrant.



There was something soft about the cherry blossoms, like they didn't want to open up all the way.



The apple tree blossoms were the last one to bloom, and they were just as pretty as the rest.


Lilacs have always been my favorite flowers.  They are delicate, beautiful, and smell better than any other flower on earth.  I had been trying to grow lilacs in my yard for years, but the blossoms never survived our late Colorado winters.  Spring in Idaho more than made up for it.  There were lilacs all over town, and four varieties in my mom's yard alone - each unique and beautiful.





I love tulips, and the red tulips I found in my sister's yard were gorgeous and vibrant.


And then there were the light pink tulips in my mom's yard that she brought all the way back from their LDS mission in Nauvoo, Illinois.  They had been planted by the temple there, but because they change out the bulbs every year, they got to take some home.


The Bleeding Heart plant was pretty amazing.  It grew from nothing, and the most unique flowers on it.  I really love flowers, and I loved being surrounded by them this spring.

No comments: